MySQL Workbench is a graphical tool for working with MySQL.
MySQL Workbench provides an easy to use interface for performing the many tasks involved when working with databases. It integrates SQL development, administration, database design, creation and maintenance into one visual integrated development environment.
MySQL Workbench is similar to SQL Server’s SSMS, which is used for administering SQL Server.
To create a database in the MySQL Workbench GUI:
- Click the “new schema” button on the MySQL Workbench toolbar
- Enter a schema name (database name) and its default collation and click Apply
- Review the SQL statement and click Apply
The database will now be created, and a message will display advising that the script was successful.
To create a table in the MySQL Workbench GUI:
- Under the appropriate database in the left navigation pane, right-click Tables and select Create Table...
- Enter the table name, add all column names, their data type, constraints, default values, and any other details as required, then click Apply
- Review the SQL statement that will be run against the database and click Apply
The table will now be created, and a message will display advising that the script was successful.